Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cottage country update

Here a quick update from the cottage holiday:

  • One great long joggle completes: 22 miles. When I got home, Lauryn (my two-year-old) asked me: "Did you have any drops?" I did have many drops, but I was doing a lot of tricks and looking around at the beautiful Precambrian Shield rock formations, so I had an excuse.
  • One great hard interval run through rolling hills. The run was about 10 miles and I did 6 x 1 mile at GB (gut-busting) pace.
  • One great day of marathon juggling. I had a nice patch of grass, three clubs, seven beanbags and several hours to burn. My back was killing me the next day, but it was the best juggling session ever. I pulled off a run of 14 catches with seven balls; I started to solidify my 3-up, three-ball pirouettes and the five-ball synronous and asynchronous half showers. It's so nice to juggle without a ceiling.
  • Enough butter tarts, pie and beer to get me through the next four or five marathons.
  • The whole family's really looking forward to seeing 'Kooza' next weekend. Anthony Gatto's routines don't look that hard by his standards, but it'll be such an experience just to see him in action.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you haven't already, contact anthony and tell him you are coming. I would think you might get to meet him and get some "Backstage" time perhaps. Try posting at his juggling forum.

Michal The Joggler Kapral said...

Hey Brian, that's a great idea. But do you think he'd really give the time of day to a guy who can't even juggle five clubs?

Unknown said...

I do. I've met many professional jugglers over the years, and if all you are looking to do is say hello and snap a picture, most if not all are more than happy to do it. And don't forget, you were a world record holder.