Saturday, October 13, 2007

Monkeying around at the Oasis ZooRun

Today's Oasis ZooRun was my first race since breaking the joggling marathon world record. It was also the most fun I've had in a race ... ever. And I've run a lot of races. I felt very relaxed; I had no time goal; I didn't care if I dropped. I was there to entertain people and enjoy myself ... and I did.

Finish time: 38 minutes and change.

After the race, I went over the Reebok booth to teach people how to juggle. Some people asked me for autographs. When this happened, there was a long pause where I looked at them waiting for a "Just joking!" But no, there are some actual Joggler groupies out there. This is serious stuff.

6 comments:

Steve said...

I know you have a bean bag sponsor... but have you ever tried joggling other things?

Michal The Joggler Kapral said...

I've done clubs, various pieces of fruit, pine cones and coins, but I'm always open to suggestions.

I'd like to get some glo-balls for night joggling, or flaming torches.

People always ask me about joggling chainsaws, so I'd like to get my hands on a set of custom-made lightweight "joggling" chainsaws (we're talking serious niche market, here!).

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hey!!
I haven't been around in a while but I did remember that you were doing Scotia, and wanted to check and see how you did!

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's awesome. Joggling a marathon faster than most people could ever even run one while chewing gum!!!

You should be proud:0)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was one of those "groupies" :) I first saw you at Scotia Marathon in 2006 and thought it was the most amazing thing to see someone do the marathon while juggling. It was only at the Zoo run that I realized you were called the "Joggler". You are a great inspiriation and I love seeing you do the runs. I look forward to seeing your next race. I am glad you have the record again.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was one of those "groupies" :) I first saw you at Scotia Marathon in 2006 and thought it was the most amazing thing to see someone do the marathon while juggling. It was only at the Zoo run that I realized you were called the "Joggler". You are a great inspiriation and I love seeing you do the runs. I look forward to seeing your next race. I am glad you have the record again.

Michal The Joggler Kapral said...

Hey Kat,
Thanks! See you at the next race. My legs are killing me after pacing the 2:47 group at the Detroit Marathon, to the point where I can't even think abour running for a few days ... but I'll be back!