Monday, April 20, 2009

Half-Marathon Joggling Record Established in Montreal

Success! I set a new half-marathon Guinness World Record yesterday, joggling the beautiful Banque Scotia 21k de Montreal course in 1:23:49.

I dropped a beanbag right at the start line and probably lost about a minute after kicking the ball off the side under the barricade. I had to ask one of the spectators to hand it back to me and by the time I jumped back into the race, I was behind a huge mass of slower runners. In the end, it probably helped me, since the slow start allowed me to finish strong. I dropped once just past the 10K mark and that was it. Much of the route is ont the Gilles Villeneuve F1 circuit, which makes you feel like a race car as you cut the tangents over the red-and-white stripes.

Congratulations to Tara Quinn-Smith for setting a new Canadian half-marathon record of 1:12 and change, and to Matt Loiselle for winning the men's half-marathon championships it 1:04.

14 comments:

redhead said...

Michal - congratulations on setting a new half-marathon Guinness World Record!! You are such an awesome maniac :-)

Perry said...

Congratulations!!

mike runs said...

Congratulations Michal!

Unknown said...

Wow, congratulations Michal!

Joe S. said...

Congrats! Way to go, Michal.

JH said...

Congrats! You do jugglers proud :)

Juggling Mike said...

Congratulations! Had I known earlier, I would have gone to cheer you on!

Benjamin said...

Very nice, Michal! Congratulations!

Gavin said...

Michael, could you please make contact with me?

Thanks

Gavin
editor [at] time-to-run.com

joe blanchette said...

Michal, a big thumbs up to you! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tom said...

Just looked up the half marathon joggling world record for reference for my own first attempt at a competitive joggle this weekend.

I think I will be VERY VERY happy to break 1:40, no idea how it will go really. Top class to go under 1:25 joggling congrats!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bob Evans said...

great work Michal... that is an excellent time!